We do not accept American ExpressSalish 2020 Block of the Month One-time payment
International subscribers, save on postage! Receive entire kit at once.
If you choose to pick up your BOM from Indigo Stitch, you will receive store credit for the postage.
was inspired by the indigenous art of the Pacific NW. The background fabric is a digital print of ocean and Aurora Borealis designed by McKenna Ryan
for Hoffman Fabrics. All the blocks are formed from high quality 100% Merino Wool from Europe. Because it is nonwoven, it cuts easily and there are no fraying edges. Simply glue baste and whip stitch in place. Abalone buttons are used for eye embellishments. White sashiko thread outlines each wool image and is used in the top and bottom borders and four circle images.
Everything needed to complete the quilt top is included in the kit except for some basic sewing supplies listed below. Kit does not include quilt backing, binding fabric or batting.
Dimensions: 36.5" x 55.5"
Block order by month:
1. Nov. Wool Orcas
2 Dec. Wool Salmon
3. Jan. Salmon sashiko border
4. Feb. Wool Bear
5 .March Wool Wolf
6. April 2 sashiko circles: Crow & Frog
7. May Wool Salmon
8. June Wool Thunderbird
9. July 2 sashiko circles: Salmon & Sun
10. Aug. Wool & sashiko Feathers
11. Sept. Wool Eagle
12. Oct. Owl sashiko border
Additional Supplies needed:
- Instruction Booklet
- 8 wool circle kits
- 6 sashiko kits
- Merino 100% wool strips for applique
- 1½ yard cut Mckenna Ryan Hoffman digital ocean & sky print for all the circle and border backgrounds
- 1 yard cut Mckenna Ryan Hoffman digital ocean & sky print for quilt background
- 1½ yd graduated aqua McKenna Ryan Hoffman fabric for top and bottom borders and #8 narrow circle borders
- 4" Hoffman dot batik for narrow top and bottom border
- 2 skeins white Olympus sashiko thread
- 1 sashiko needle
- 18” x 36” sheet of white transfer paper
- #10 abalone buttons for eyes
- Freezer paper
- Sharp micro serrated scissors for cutting wool
- Starch based glue pen such as Sewline Glue Pen
- Appliqué needles
- For appliqué: #100 polyester Invisifil thread by Wonderfil or other lightweight thread that matches the wool color.
- 1.5 yds backing fabric and batting