Choose one flower design ( Iris, Lilies, Tulips or Poppies) from Sylvia's quilt Perennial Favorites.
Learn how to combine wool applique with sashiko. We will cover design transfer and sashiko techniques. Create realistic wool flowers and embellish them with wool and embroidery threads.
Fee includes the following supplies for one flower from Perennial Favorites
- Black Essex Linen/cotton for background( Kaufman Fabrics)
- Wool for 1 appliqué flower pattern
- Sashiko, appliqué and embroidery needles
- 1 skein of Sashiko thread
- Threads for wool appliqué: I will supply Ellana wool thread and Invisifil thread to use during the workshop.
- Pattern and instructions
- White transfer paper
- Freezer paper
Supplies to bring:
- Ball point pen, mechanical pencil or stylus
- Masking or scotch tape
- Thread conditioner: Thread Heaven is my favorite
- Thimble if you use one
- Small, sharp, paper scissors
- Micro-serrated small scissors for cutting wool
- Lead pencils for tracing
- Temporary starch based fabric glue pen (Sewline)
- Something for lunch. We will take a break if you want to order out at noon.
- Snacks, coffee, tea available always!
- Ellana or Sue Spargo 12 wt. 50% wool/50% acrylic thread. Please bring your own wool thread if you already have it.
- If you have wool you would like to use, bring it!
- #100 silk or polyester thread for whip stitching wool appliqué.
Available for purchase:
- # 100 Invisifil polyesterthread
- Ellana wool thread
- Perle cotton #8
- Wool for appliqué
- Other appliqué supplies
Please call with any questions or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell: 808 443-8420
Shop: 360 466-2625